"Come let us build the ship of the future,
In an ancient pattern that journeys far..."

'Let the Circle Be Unbroken', The Incredible String Band







Monday 9 May 2011

Picture Storytelling Gifts

There's been a little flurry of anniversaries of late, requiring gift-making tasks...

Firstly, a birthday crankie for my brother, featuring in the foreground his black Volkswagen beetle. I ended up making the scrolling picture and wrapping it up without photographing it, but the moving picture tells the story of my brother escaping his high-pressure job, jumping in the VW and hopping over the channel to France to have a picnic with his lady.
















For a special Valentines day project I made this pop-out card, out of train tickets used to travel to the individual in question. Pop-out card includes a mini car, with me in it, travelling via a long piece of string to the special individual in question who waits in a little treehouse. Does that all make sense?














For my flatmate Sara's 30th I rustled up "The Theatre of Halves" - a character-creating and character-halving game involving an Indian holy man, an Austrian folk dancer and a medieval street performer...







No comments:

Post a Comment